Haeremai, Приветствовать, talofa, Willkommen, bienvenue, welcome, benvenuto
Welcome to the One Wiki to Rule Them All! We hope you can make continuing contributions of articles and/or discussion. Please consider adding a "Babel" template and a Lore template (if you have not already done so) to your user page so that others know which languages you are comfortable reading and what your current knowledge of our subjects is.
Keep an eye on the "recent changes" page, where all edits and their authors (anonymous or signed-in) are listed. Bookmark it, maybe, so that you see it at the start of every visit. (And help delete spam - unpleasant but a fact of life.)
See the Community Portal for some projects and things to do at this wiki and its Current Policies. You can add a category to your user page to find people from the same country. For instance, if you live in New Zealand ("Middle-earth"), you can add your name to Category:New Zealanders contributing to this site by adding that to your User page (in double square brackets). See the other categories in Category:Contributors for other countries, or create your own category.
Discussion of any aspect of the site, and enquiries, can be made at the Forums, or on the Talk page associated with each article. Sign and date your contributions there with four tildes ~~~~, so that readers know "who to talk to" and whether your message is still current. If you edit a user's Talk page, that user will get an alerting message when viewing the site.
There is also a free mailing list, which has low traffic but is useful for getting important messages to anyone interested.
It would help some of us to know how you discovered this site.
--DarkLantern 03:25, February 24, 2010 (UTC)
Nice to see that you have joined us. By the way, did you find us with my link? I would advise creating a userpage soon. Add yourself to Category: Active contributors, Germans contributing to this site and anything else you find useful. The Lore template is under User Lore and enables you to show your knowledge of LOTR on a scale of 1-4. Babel is useful for language boxes and nationality. Thankyou. Wyvern Rex. 12:39, February 24, 2010 (UTC)
- Hi again Wyvern Rex. :-) I didn't use your link. I found the german version of this wiki in the german Wikia fantasy portal... or maybe it was the literature portal. --Weas-El 23:33, February 24, 2010 (UTC)
Message on editing
Hey, Weas-El I really appreciate all your helpful edits and contributions but last night you edited someone’s userpage (User:Ganseki). I know you probably had helpful intentions but we don't do that here unless or course of some major bit of vandalism where an admin or someone with rollback rights is not available. Sorry, but as much as I would want to edit them to remove a red link or for those people whose wrong character infobox has listed them in Category:Characters, contaminating the canonical list. Until this issue is worked out, please don't do that anymore. Thank you.--DarkLantern 15:01, July 27, 2010 (UTC)
Thanks & question
Does this mean that pages here will have a German link to the German LOTR wiki?--DarkLantern 10:30, October 14, 2011 (UTC)
- Yes that seems like a good idea. You can do it.--DarkLantern 11:07, October 14, 2011 (UTC)
Would you be so kind as to use your bot to move all the articles from Category:Non-canonical Villians to Category:Non-canonical villains, if you can until I get a bot set-up?--DarkLantern 03:48, November 26, 2011 (UTC)
- I took me 10 minutes of trying until I noticed those jumbled letters in "villians"... :-) Done now. --Weas-El ✉ 08:57, November 26, 2011 (UTC)
- I can use the bot to make the edits, but I'll have to select the pages manually. This will take some time, and I'll probably won't have that until friday. If you'd like to help me, you could start removing all non-Silmarillion characters from the list at User:Weas-El/Sandbox. The bot can work through the list later. --Weas-El ✉ 09:42, November 29, 2011 (UTC)
- I'm sorry, I forgot about it. I'm very busy at the moment but I'll take care about it within the next week. Please remind me, if I should forget. --Weas-El ✉ 17:58, February 2, 2012 (UTC)
- It has been over a week since my request for the use of your bot and you did ask me to remind you of it--DarkLantern 07:43, February 14, 2012 (UTC)
- Done. --Weas-El ✉ 21:40, February 14, 2012 (UTC)