The Lord of the Rings Roleplaying Adventure Game, released by Decipher Inc. in 2002, is a role-playing game set in the Middle-earth of J.R.R. Tolkien's fiction. The game is set in the years between The Hobbit and The Fellowship of the Ring, but may be run at any time from the First to Fourth Age and contains many examples of how to do so. Sourcebooks cover the events in the three books and films in the Lord of the Rings trilogy.
The game's system is CODA, similar to a cross between those of RuneQuest and Traveller with Advantages and Disadvantages from the Hero System and Feats from Dungeons & Dragons Third Edition. In 2003, the roleplaying game won the Origins Award for Best Roleplaying Game 2002.
The character types in the Lord of the Rings Roleplaying Adventure Game are:
- Core Rule Book
- The Fellowship of the Ring Sourcebook
- Fellbeasts and Wounderous Magic Sourcebook
- Moria Box Set
- The Two Towers Sourcebook
- Helm's Deep Sourcebook
- Paths of the Wise: The Guide to Magicians and Loremasters Sourcebook (PDF only)
- Isengard Sourcebook (PDF only)
- Narrator's Screen
- Maps of Middle-earth
- Maps of Middle-earth: Cities and Strongholds
- Hero's Journal