- 13 — Frodo is again ill from his old wound inflicted by Shelob two years earlier.
- 25 — Sam's and Rosie's first daughter and eldest child Elanor is born. According to the New Reckoning of Gondor, the Fourth Age begins.
- 21 — Frodo and Sam both depart from Hobbiton to the Grey Havens.
- 22 — Frodo and Sam meet the Last Riding of the Keepers in Woody End and join them. Bilbo marks his 131st birthday, becoming the longeviest Hobbit in history.
- 29 — Departure of the Ring-bearers: Gandalf, Galadriel, Elrond, Frodo, and Bilbo all leave Middle-earth and pass over the Great Sea to the Undying Lands. The Third Age ends.
Within the year