- Isumbras Took III, the twenty-third Thain of the Shire dies. Ferumbras Took II becomes twenty-fourth Thain of the Shire.
- Helm Hammerhand, the ninth King of Rohan is killed by the Dunlendings.
- Helm is succeeded by his nephew Fréaláf Hildeson beginning a new line of kings and drives out the remainder of the Dunlending invaders.
- The Long Winter ends with great losses.
- The Days of Dearth continues.
- Saruman settles in Isengard.
- Wulf king of Dunland dies
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.