There were many ranks and titles in the world of Arda.
- King of Arda - the title of Manwë Súlimo
- Elder King - a title of Manwë Súlimo
- High King of the Elves - the title of Ingwë who is revered by all elves.
- High King of the Ñoldor - the title of the most High representatives of the Ñoldor.
- High King of the Sindar - a title of Thingol.
- King of Doriath - the title of Thingol and Dior Eluchíl
- King of Gondolin - the title of Turgon in the First Age.
- King of the Vanyar - the title of Ingwë.
- Lord of Beleriand - the title of Thingol.
- Lord of Eregion - the title of the ruler of Eregion in the Second Age, namely Celebrimbor.
- Lord of Nargothrond - the title of the rulers of the Elvish realm of Nargothrond in the First Age, namely Finrod Felagund and Orodreth.
- Lord of Rivendell - the title of Elrond.
Kingships and Queenships
- High King of Gondor and Arnor - the title of Elendil and Isildur and later the Kings of the Reunited Kingdom.
- King of all the Dúnedain- the title of supreme monarch of the Dúnedain.
- King of Arnor
- King of Dale - the title of the rulers of the city-state of Dale.
- King of Gondor
- King of Númenor
- Kings of the Reunited Kingdom - the title of the King of Arnor, King of Gondor and the High King of Gondor and Arnor beginning with Aragorn II.
- King of Rohan
- Ruling Queen of Númenor - the title of the Queen of Númenor and ruling monarch when the laws of succession allowed it.
- King of the West - a title of the King of the Dúnedain.
- Lord of Andúnië - the title of the keepers of the Númenorean city Andúnië.
- Lord of Dor-lómin - the title of the rulers of the realm of Dor-lómin during the First Age, namely Men.
- Lord of the Dúnedain - a title of the rulers of Dúnedain.
- Lord of the Éothéod - the title of the rulers of the Éothéod.
- Lords of Emyn Arnen
- Lord of Ladros- the title of the Mannish realm in Dorthonion during the First Age.
- Atanatar ("Father of fathers")
- Captain of the Haven - a high person or ruler of Umbar.
- Captain of the White Tower
- Chieftain of the Dúnedain - the title of the Dúnedain of the North and Heirs of Isildur.
- Envinyatar- a title and name of Aragorn II.
- Guard of the Citadel
- Hyarmendacil (South-victor) is the title of two Kings of Gondor who won great victories over the southern lands: Hyarmendacil I, and his descendant Hyarmendacil II.
- Heir of Isildur - a title given to the heir of rulership of the Dúnedain.
- Marshal - a title of the Rohirrim.
- Master of Lake-town - the title given to the civic leader of the settlement of Men on the Long Lake near Erebor.
- Rómendacil ("East-victor" in Quenya) is the title of two Kings of Gondor who won great victories over the eastern lands: Rómendacil I, and his descendant, Rómendacil II.
- Steward of Gondor - originally councilors to the King of Gondor, then the rulers of realm until King Elessar.
- Master of Buckland - the title of the head of Buckland
- Matriarch - the title that most Hobbits usually gave to their grandmother.
- Mayor of the Shire or Mayor of Michel Delving.
- Prince of the Halflings - the title of Pippin.
- Thain of the Shire - the ruler of the Shire in place of the King at Fornost after TA 1975.
- Warden of Westmarch
- King of Durin's Folk - the title of the rulers of the noble house of the Dwarves throughout the ages.
- King under the Mountain - the title of the Kings of the Lonely Mountain (Erebor).
- Lord of Belegost - the title of the rulers of the Dwarven realm of Belegost.
- Lord of the Glittering Caves - the title of the ruler of the Glittering Caves.
- Lord of the Iron Hills - the title of the ruler of the Iron Hills.
- Lord of Nogrod - the title of the rulers of the Dwarven realm of Nogrod.
- Dark Lord - the title of both Melkor (Morgoth) and Sauron
- Lord of the Earth - a title claimed by Sauron.
- Lord of Barad-dûr - a title of Sauron.
- Lord of Mordor - a title of Sauron.
- Lord of the Rings - a title of Sauron.
- Lord of the Nazgûl - a title of the Witch-king of Angmar
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.