Rúmil was a marchwarden of Lórien, and was one who guarded the border of the western part of the forest, with his brothers. He was present at the Fellowship of the Ring's first meeting with the Galadhrim.
Later, he and Haldir guided the Fellowship to Caras Galadhon. Rúmil spoke very little Westron and so could not significantly interact with the Fellowship when he and his brothers encountered them in the forest.
Other versions of the legendarium
Portrayal in adaptations
The Lord of the Rings film trilogy
The Lord of the Rings: TCG
In The Lord of the Rings Trading Card Game, Rúmil is identified as the brother of Haldir, a Silvan Elf, and an Elven Protector.
- In The Lord of the Rings: War of the Ring by Games Workshop, he can be fielded as part of the Guardians of Caras Galadhon Legendary Formation.
- In The Lord of the Rings Online Rúmil can be found on the western outskirts of Lothlorien, defending the borders against the orc attacks.
|Foreign Language||Voice dubbing artist|
- ↑ The Lord of the Rings, The Fellowship of the Ring, Book Two, Chapter VI: "Lothlorien"
- ↑ The Complete Guide to Middle-earth, by Robert Foster
- ↑ The History of Middle-earth, Vol. 7: The Treason of Isengard, XII: "Lothlórien"
- ↑ The History of Middle-earth, Vol. 7: The Treason of Isengard, XII: "Lothlórien", Notes