Articles & edited works
- 1982 - "The Anatomy of a Tolkien Fan" in Robert Giddings' The New Tolkien Newsletter: A Review of the Works of J.R.R. Tolkien
- 1984 - "The Cirth Numerals" & "The Names of the Numbers" in Beyond Bree, December 1984 issue
- Beyond Bree Tolkien Calendars for 1985, 1986, 1989, and 1992
- 1991 - "How to learn Elvish" in Mallorn, issue 28
- 1995 - "A Tolkien Chronology" in Proceedings of the J.R.R. Tolkien Centenary Conference
- 1997 - "Tolkien's Reading" in Beyond Bree, April 1997 issue
- 2008 - "The Ace Copyright Affair"The Ring Goes Ever On: Proceedings of the Tolkien 2005 Conference
- 2011 - "Consider the context" in Mallorn, issue 52
- 2013 - "Tolkien's Poetic Use of the Old English and Latinate Vocabulary: A Study of Three Poems from The Adventures of Tom Bombadil" in Tolkien's Poetry (Cormarë Series No. 28)
- 2014 - Compiled Tolkien in the New Century: Essays in Honor of Tom Shippey with John Wm. Houghton, Robin Anne Reid, John D. Rateliff, and Janet Brennan Croft
- Which includes "The 'Lady with the Simple Gown and White Arms' or Possible Influences of 19th and Early 20th Century Book Illustrations on Tolkien's Work"
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.