LEGO Lord of the Rings: The Video Game is a video game that was released on October 30, 2012 for handheld consoles and November 13, 2012 for other platforms.
It was released on Microsoft Windows, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii, PlayStation Vita, Nintendo DS, Nintendo 3DS, Mac OS X, iPhone and iPad. The Mac OS X version was published by Feral Interactive and was released on February 21st, 2013. It was released November 7th, 2013 for iOS.
The game takes players through the events of all three movies and is the second LEGO video game to feature fully voiced cutscenes. Though it follows the events of Peter Jackson's film trilogy, many comical twists are added in. It has the largest game environment so far of any LEGO video game, letting players explore an open world map of Middle-earth (though locations are greatly decreased in size). It also has dozens of new features not seen in past LEGO video games. Players can complete side quests, create items to use from mithril, access a large variety of collectible items from the "treasure trove", and there is a variety of characters with unique items possessing special abilities.
- 1 Levels
- 2 Characters
- 3 Features
- 4 Cast
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Gallery
- 7 External links
- 8 References
The Fellowship of the Ring
- Prologue - A playable version of the fall of Sauron at the end of the second age and the finding of the One Ring
- The Black Rider - Frodo, Sam, Merry and Pippin evade a Nazgul while Gandalf must defeat Saruman inside Orthanc.
- The Pass of Caradhras - The Fellowship attempts to cross theMisty Mountains and face the Watcher in the Water
- Amon Hen - Boromir attempts to take the One Ring from Frodo and the Fellowship is broken
The Two Towers
- Taming Gollum: Frodo and Sam are attacked by Gollum but then Gollum helps them get to Mordor while Gandalf fights the balrog on top of a tower.
- The Dead Marshes: Frodo, Sam and Gollum are attacked at the swamp by a Nazgul and then Faramir and his men take the hobbits to Osgiliath.
- Track Hobbits: Aragorn, Gimli, and Legolas look for the hobbits, meet Gandalf, while Merry and Pippin go with the Ents.
- Warg Attack: Aragorn, Gimli, Legolas and Gandalf cure Theoden and then are attacked by Wargs on the way to Helm's Deep.
- Helm's Deep: The Battle of Helm's Deep.
- Osgiliath: Frodo, Sam, Gollum, and Faramir fight for Osgiliath while Merry and Pippin battle alongside the Ents at Isengard.
The Return of the King
- The Secret Stairs: Frodo, Sam, and Gollum go to the Secret Stairs, Frodo sends Sam home, Gollum betrays Frodo.
- Cirith Ungol: Sam fights Shelob (with Shagrat's assistance), infiltrates Cirith Ungol, and escapes with Frodo.
- The Paths of the Dead: Aragorn, Gimli, and Legolas fight The King of the Dead.
- The Battle of Pelennor Fields: Gandalf and the West fight evil.
- The Black Gate: The Host of the West march on The Black Gate.
- Mount Doom: Frodo and Sam have a final showdown with Gollum. In the end, Gollum falls into the Cracks of Doom and dies, and the One Ring is destroyed, killing Sauron and saving Middle-earth.
Consoles and Windows versions
- Frodo (Normal)
- Sam (Normal)
- Frodo (Shire)
- Merry (Normal)
- Pippin (Normal)
- Aragorn (Normal)
- Arwen Evenstar (Ranger)
- Gandalf the Grey
- Boromir (Normal)
- Faramir (Normal / Hood)
- Madril (Normal / Hood)
- Gandalf the White
- King Théoden (Armor)
- Frodo (Orc Disguise)
- Sam (Orc Disguise)
- King Théoden (Normal)
- Éowyn (Dernhelm)
- Merry (Rohirrim Squire)
- Aragorn (Gondor Armor)
- Pippin (Gondor Armor)
- Frodo (Journey's End)
- Sam (Journey's End)
- Aragorn (Royal Armor)
- Mouth of Sauron
- Elrond (Second Age)
- Bilbo Baggins (Normal)
- Tom Bombadil
- Ringwraith (Normal)
- Ringwraith (Twilight)
- Elrond (Third Age)
- Moria Orc
- Lurtz (Normal)
- Gondorian Ranger
- Radagast the Brown
- King Théoden (Cursed)
- Grima Wormtongue
- Lothlórien Elf
- Gondorian Soldier
- Saruman the White
- Mordor Orc
- King of the Dead
- Soldier of the Dead
- Rohirrim Soldier
- Citadel Guard
- Boromir (Captain)
- Bilbo Baggins (Old)
- Prince Imrahil
- Sauron (Second Age)
- Smeagol (Hobbit)
- Farmer Maggot
- Corsair Pirate
- Barliman Butterbur
- Arwen Evenstar (Green Dress)
- Arwen Evenstar (Yellow Dress)
- Bilbo Baggins (Rivendell Clothes)
- Bilbo Baggins (Young)
- Boromir (Ghost)
- Captain of the Dead
- Cirdan the Shipwright
- Civilian Soldier
- Corsair 1
- Corsair 2
- Dead Marshes Elf
- Mumakil Rider
- Elven soldier (second age)
- Witch King (Twilight)
- Witch King (Hood)
- Bald Mordor Orc
- Armored Uruk Hai
- Sauron (giant)
- Cave Troll
- Olog Hai
- Peter Jackson
Abilities a Character Might Possess
- Small Characters: Short characters (mostly dwarves or hobbits) can crawl through small doors that lead to another door.
- Elven Jumping: All elf characters can jump higher than other characters. When you see a patch of glowing leaves with some leaves floating above it switch to an elf and jump on the spot, usually it will help you reach something.
- Cracked LEGO Spots: If you see a glowing and cracked lego surface switch to a dwarf. They are the only ones that can break these tiles. Usually they will help you reach an objective.
- Morgul LEGO: If you see a Morgul LEGO object you will need a certain character to break it. Characters that are highly affiliated with Mordor (such as ringwraiths but not orcs) you can break this special LEGO. Aragorn (with Anduril), Elendil, and Isildur can also break these as well, as they wield Anduril (Aragorn) and Narsil (Elendil and Isildur).
- Dirt Patches: If you see a patch of dirt with a seed lying on top of it, that means you can grow a plant there. This will require you to be Sam (or have a trowel equipped).
- Fire: If you see a pile of wood with a square lego tile in front of it this means you can light the wood on fire. This will require you to be Sam (or have a tinderbox equipped).
- Fishing: If you see a LEGO fishing jettie then that means you can fish there. Usually you will catch something required for a certain objective (not a fish). This will require you to be Merry or Gollum. However, anyone with a fishing rod can also perform this.
- Dark Places: If there is an area that's too dark to see in you will not be able to enter it. However if you have a source of light then you may enter. This will require the Phial of Galadriel or a Wizard Staff.
- Mithril Lego: If you see a silver LEGO object than you wont be able to destroy it unless you have an explosive. This will require the Uruk-Hai Berzerker, who can throw bombs. Characters with Mithril fireworks can also destroy silver objects.
- Arrow Holes: If you see something sticking out of a wall and it looks like it could hold a pole in it that probably means it's an arrow hole. Anyone with a bow can shoot an arrow into these, but only elves can jump up and swing from arrow to arrow.
- Shield: If you have a shield equipped you can enter a blocking stance. You will pull the shield close up to yourself. This will make you move slower but if attacked from the front you will be protected from most attacks.
- Light Footed: If you see deep snow you will walk through it slowly if you're normal sized, but if you're short you will sink into it. However some characters can walk on top of deep snow. This requires an elf or special boots. This ability also allows you to walk on tightropes.
- Wizard Shield: Wizards can use their staffs to create a magical shield. This deflects projectiles and scares away orcs. However it causes you to move more slowly and prevents jumping. It requires one of the Wizard characters, Gandalf the Grey, Gandalf the White, Saruman, or Radagst the Brown.
- Orange Bars: If you see something with an orange bar on it this means you will need to be strong to pull it. This usually helps you reach objectives. It requires you to be a strong character, such as Sauron.
- Elven Cloak: Elven cloaks allow you to hide from enemy eyes by disguising you as a rock, crate, or plant.
- Mithril Shirt: Look up at your character health. If the hearts have silver patterns on them that means your character is wearing a mithril shirt. This means whenever you get hurt the silver patterns will disappear on one of the hearts. The silver patterns must all be gone before you start losing your health. Frodo and Bilbo both have this ability.
- Small Character Jumping:
"Its a long way."
"You have to toss me... Don't tell the elf!"
"Not a word."
-Aragorn and Gimli, at the gate of Helms Deep trying to get to the bridge
- Small characters (like dwarves and hobbits) can be picked up by tall characters and be thrown to reach places they can't reach. Gimli can be thrown at high up cracked LEGO to smash them.
Based on The Lord of the Rings motion picture trilogy, LEGO® The Lord of the Rings follows the original storylines of The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, and The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, taking players through the epic story events reimagined with the humor and endless variety of LEGO play.
Trusted with the dangerous task to destroy an ancient magical ring that threatens all that is good, Frodo is forced to leave his peaceful home. But the ring wants to be found and the road to Mount Doom, the only place where it can be destroyed, will be perilous and riddled with Orcs and fouler things.
To help Frodo, a Fellowship is formed — Aragorn the Ranger, Gandalf the Wizard, Legolas the Elf, Gimli the Dwarf, Boromir a Man of Gondor, and Frodo’s Hobbit friends Sam, Merry and Pippin. Players relive the legend in LEGO form, as they explore wonders, solve timeless riddles, and overcome endless foes in their quest to destroy the Ring.
Explore all of the open-world of Middle-earth and experience epic battles with Orcs, Uruk-hai, the Balrog, the Witch-king, and other fearsome creatures.
Wield the power of the Palantír or Seeing-stone (‘one that looks far-away’), and jump between multiple storylines.
Experience the LEGO The Lord of the Rings heroes come to life in an all new way, as they deliver the dialogue from the films.
Collect, combine and forge new items in the Blacksmith Shop using Mithril, the most precious metal in Middle-earth .
Discover and unlock over more than 60 playable characters, including Frodo, Aragorn, Gandalf, and many others.
Collect and use a variety of weaponry and magical items, including the Light of Eärendil, Elven rope, swords and bows.
Play with family and friends with easy access drop-in, drop-out gameplay option.
- Galadriel - Cate Blanchett
- Elrond - Hugo Weaving
- Isildur - Hugo Weaving
- Gollum - Andy Serkis
- Bilbo Baggins - Ian Holm
- Gandalf - Ian McKellen
- Frodo Baggins - Elijah Wood
- Samwise Gamgee - Sean Astin
- Meriadoc Brandybuck - Dominic Monaghan
- Peregrin Took - Billy Boyd
- Farmer Maggot - Mike Hopkins
- Saruman - Christopher Lee
- Gate Keeper - Martyn Sanderson (Portable versions)
- Barliman Butterbur - David Weatherley
- Voice of Sauron's Eye - Sala Baker
- Aragorn - Viggo Mortensen
- Arwen - Liv Tyler
- Gimli - John Rhys-Davies
- Boromir - Sean Bean
- Legolas - Orlando Bloom
- Lurtz - Lawrence Makoare
- Celeborn - Marton Csokas (Consoles and Windows versions)
- Éomer - Karl Urban
- Grishnakh - Stephen Ure
- Treebeard - John Rhys-Davies
- Ugluk - Nathaniel Lees
- Faramir - David Wenham
- Madril - John Bach
- Hama - John Leigh
- Grima Wormtongue - Brad Dourif
- Theoden - Bernard Hill
- Sharku - Jed Brophy
- Eowyn - Miranda Otto
- Haldir - Craig Parker
- Shagrat - Peter Tait (Consoles and Windows versions)
- Gorbag - Stephen Ure (Consoles and Windows versions)
- King of the Dead - Paul Norell
- Denethor - John Noble (Portable versions)
- Gothmog - Craig Parker
- Witch-king - Andy Serkis
- Orc Harbor Master - Craig Parker
- Eric Artell
- Steve Blum
- Cam Clarke
- Chris Edgerly
- Kieren Elliott
- Orc/Elf - Gideon Emery
- Crispin Freeman
- Bob Joyles
- Tom Kane
- Hobbit/Dwarf - Jennifer Taylor Lawrence
- Yori Lowenthal
- Jim Meskimen
- Nolan North
- Liam O'Brien
- Jon Olson
- Jim Piddock
- Eliza Schneider
- Keith Szarabajka
- Fred Tatasciore
- Anna Vocino
- Hynden Walch
- Similar to LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes, LEGO The Lord of the Rings: The Video Game features an open-world environment, and talking mini figures.
- LEGO The Lord of the Rings is the second LEGO game to feature talking minifigures. However, LEGO Batman 2 is not based on a movie, so some of the words are taken directly from The Lord of the Rings movies/films.
- Unlike in the sets, the Hobbits don't wear shoes.
- The game features a new dynamic for a LEGO game, where the characters (Only members of the Fellowship of the Ring are confirmed) will be able to acquire new items/weapons as the story advances.
- LEGO Batman 2 showed a "coming soon" part for LEGO The Lord of The Rings video game.
- There is a bonus level entitled "Middle-earth" which features a scaled down LEGO version of middle-earth with the goal being to collect 1,000,000 studs. Players will spawn in the level as Sauron and the Mouth of Sauron.
- The Special Edition of the game comes with a unique Elrond minifigure.
- For those who pre-ordered the game, they receive several different expansion packs to the game. Eventually, these packs were made available for purchase via the Xbox Live Marketplace and the Playstation Store. There was a Weapons and Magical Items pack, Character Pack 1, and Character Pack 2.
- Sauron and Mouth of Sauron move exactly the same as the Ringwraith (also twilight) and Witch-king, also they have the same sound dialogue.
The Fellowship of the Ring
The Two Towers
The Return of the King
- LEGO The Lord of the Rings: The Video Game official site
- LEGO The Lord of the Rings Mac platform official site by Feral Interactive.
- Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, TT Games and The LEGO Group rebuild middle-earth brick by brick with LEGO® The Lord of the Rings™