Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
- "Long before the successful The Lord of the Rings films, J.R.R. Tolkien's creations, imagination, and characters had captured the attention of millions of readers. But who was the man who dreamt up the intricate languages and perfectly crafted world of Middle-earth? Tolkien had a difficult life, for many years: orphaned and poor, his guardian forbade him to communicate with the woman he had fallen in love with, and he went through the horrors of the First World War. An intensely private and brilliant scholar, he spent over fifty years working on the languages, history, peoples and geography of Middle-earth, with a consistent mythology and body of legends inspired by a formidable knowledge of early northern European history and culture. J.R.R. Tolkien became a legend by creating an imaginary world that has enthralled and delighted generations. This delightful and accessible biography brings him to life."
- —from the publisher
Table of Contents
- "I am in fact a hobbit..."
- Schooldays and the T.C.B.S.
- Oxford and the dawn of a New Life
- The Shadow of War
- War and Loss
- Recovery, "W", and Half a Million Words
- Leeds and Dragons
- Oxford and C.S. Lewis
- Of Hobbits and Inklings
- Tolkien's Second War
- The Struggle to Publish
- The Tolkien Phenomenon, and Farewell
- Select Bibliography
|Foreign Language||Translated name|
|Danish||Tolkien: Tilblivelsen af en legende|
- J.R.R. Tolkien: The Making of a Legend at Amazon.com