- The Nirnaeth Arnoediad occurs, the fifth great battle in the War of the Great Jewels, where the Elves and Edain planned to overthrow Morgoth but were defeated after being betrayed by the Easterlings leaded by Ulfang. Fingon, the High King of the Ñoldor is killed by Gothmog. The cheftain of the Easterlings, Ulfang, dies too. Fingon is succeeded by Turgon.
- Huor is slain in the Fen of Serech and Húrin is captured along with Gwindor. Haldir, Azaghâl (Lord of Belegost) who still wounds Glaurung, Gelmir, Hundar, Uldor, Ulfast, Borlad, Ulwarth, Borthand, Borlach and Bór also die in the battle. Rían dies of grief on the Haudh-en-Nirnaeth, after finding out her husband was dead.
- Union of Maedhros was put to the test and failed and the House of Hador is destroyed.
- Morgoth curses the House of Húrin.
- Túrin is sent by his mother, Morwen, to be fostered in Doriath and Tuor stays in the care of the Elves of Mithrim.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.