A Tolkien Bestiary (ISBN 0-920080-47-2) is chiefly an illustrated reference book pertaining to the eras, flora, fauna, and people-groups of Middle-earth throughout all Ages, written by David Day in 1978 and currently published by Harbour Publishing (Canada).
Large illustrations accompany each of the book's 258 Bestiary-pages (which comprise the fourth encyclopedic part of the book). These illustrations are mostly by Ian Miller and Allan Curless; the others are by Michael Foreman, Lidia Postma, John Blanche, Pauline Martin, Victor Ambrus, Sue Porter, Jaroslav Bradac, Linda Garland, and John Davis.
Table of Contents Edit
- Author's Preface
- List of Illustrations
- A Map of Middle-earth and The Undying Lands
- A Chronology of Middle-earth and the Undying Lands
- A Chronology of the Kingdoms on Middle-earth in the Ages of Sun
- A Bestiary of the Beasts, Monsters, Races, Deities and Flora
- Genealogies of the races and kingdoms of Elves and Men
- Index of principal sources
- General Index